Planning for the future can feel overwhelming, and knowing how to properly manage your estate in your later years can seem intimidating.
But it doesn’t have to be a difficult process!
In this episode, David Pulcini talks to attorney Neil Lyons, ESQ, from Luhrsen Goldberg to remove the confusion and stress from estate planning. David and Neil explain why estate planning is often overlooked, but is such an important part of one’s financial wellbeing.
David and Neil discuss:
- How relocation affects your estate plan
- What can happen if you don’t address changes in your estate plan before you move states
- Assisted living and estate planning
- How much time it takes to make a accurate and actionable estate plan
- What can happen when your beneficiaries don't line up on all your documents
- And more
Connect with David Pulcini:
- SixPoint Financial
- (585) 641-7900
- LinkedIn: David Pulcini
- LinkedIn: SixPoint Financial
- Twitter: SixPoint Financial
- Facebook: SixPoint Financial
Connect with Neil Lyons:
- LinkedIn: Neil Lyons
- Email Neil Lyons
- (941) 212-2600
- LinkedIn: Law Powered By Women
- Twitter: LG Injury Firm
- Facebook: Law Powered By Women
- YouTube: LG Injury Firm
- Instagram: Law Powered By Women
About our Guest: Neil Lyons, ESQ, practices extensively in the realm of estate planning, elder law, and trust and probate administration. In this arena and since 2015, he has put his legal knowledge and desire to helping others to good end, contributing more than 500 hours of pro bono legal services to Sarasota and Manatee County residents.
Neil’s good deeds have been widely recognized, including by the Sarasota County Bar Association, which in 2018 awarded him with its Distinguished Community Service Award for “his dedication to helping the cause of the defenseless and oppressed through his countless hours of pro bono legal services.” More recently, in 2019, the Florida Bar recognized this with its President’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Neil earned his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in 2011. Neil earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in History from the University of South Florida in 2004. He then went on to earn his Master’s Degree in Education from the University of South Florida in 2008.