Do you know the four factors you should be aware of when applying for Medicaid? They are your age, health considerations, personal finances and your own personal motivation behind applying in the first place.
In part three of this mini-series, David Pulcini and Ken Kraus look into a lot of the most common questions they are asked by people setting up their Medicaid, and help you to start planning for the future today.
David and Ken discuss:
- The four factors that affect your eligibility for Medicaid in the future
- How giving money to your kids might affect how much you could be eligible for
- Why annuities can make this whole process harder than it already is
- The three types of gifting that could affect your Medicaid
- And more
Connect with David Pulcini:
- (585) 641-7900
- Connect with David Pulcini on Linkedin
- Follow SixPoint Financial on LinkedIn
- Follow SixPoint Financial on Twitter
- Follow SixPoint Financial on Facebook
- Check out SixPoint Financial’s website
About our Guest: Kenneth R. Kraus is a partner of the firm Evans Fox, and a graduate of the SUNY at Buffalo Law School and a graduate of Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. Ken is an active member of the Trust and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State and Monroe County Bar Associations, the Estate Planning Council of Rochester, NY, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Ken works with families to help them understand the complexities of long-term care financing, including Medicare, Medicaid, home care and nursing home planning. Ken helps individuals and families prepare their estate plan, including Wills, asset protection Trusts, Supplemental Needs Trusts (SNTs), Powers of Attorney and Health Care Proxies. He also assists with the probate process including the preparation of income, fiduciary, gift and estate tax returns and the sale of real estate.