MediCab of Rochester, Inc.
Welcome to the MediCab 401(k) Retirement Resource Page.
You can log in to your account here:
If you've never logged in before, start here:
On this website you'll find resources to help you navigate your benefits and answer any questions you might have. If you'd like to connect, we are here to help for more specific questions/ challenges you're facing. Be sure to bookmark this page as updates will be available as they become relevant. Also, by using the form at the bottom of this page, you are able to make suggestions to us to better serve you, as well suggest topics that you'd like to hear about at the next seminar! We hope that this website is useful and you find it to be helpful. Through out this page you'll find an exclusive calendar link to be able to schedule a time to meet.
FAQs of the 401(k)
How much should I be contributing?
Although the answer for each person is different as to what you should be contributing, the one thing that is absolutely 100% true is that you should know how much you are contributing and why! If you are unsure, or want help figuring out what to be contributing, we are available to help.
What does the word Roth mean?
The word Roth is indicative of "post-tax" savings. The 401(k) plan at MediCab allows for both Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth (after-tax) savings. Usually after this question comes "which is better?" and that answer is complicated. They are both extremely important. Which is "more important" or which should be "emphasized" is different for everyone and could change from year to year. Please refer to the chart below for a high-level comparison between traditional & Roth savings.
1. Pre-Tax Contributions
1. After-Tax Contributions
|2. Tax-Deferred Growth||2. Tax-Free Growth|
|3. Taxed Distributions||3. Tax-Free Distributions|
How should I be invested?
How you should be invested is also something so personal to you. Some things to consider when choosing your contribution amount:
- Risk Tolerance - Market fluctuations will happen. How would you react if you saw a market pull-back reflected in your account?
- Time Horizon - How long until you are expecting to retire or begin using the money you're saving?
- Other Assets - How will other assets/incomes effect your retirement income picture?
- Income & Lifestyle - Not just right now, but how do you picture your life style in retirement? Let's plan for that!
What can you expect from us?
In order for us to do a good job for you, we need to be accessible, present, and proactive. To accomplish this, we will:
- Make sure you know how to get a hold of us to ask questions or schedule a meeting
- Send monthly videos with a different topic that'll help add value to you and your family's financial picture
- Have periodic seminars on specific topics (feel free to submit topic suggestions in the form below that YOU'd like to learn more about)
Our RoleWe are the financial advisors on the plan. We are here to help you and your family not only get the most out of what you have available as a MediCab employee, but also help you plan for your retirement. We are available as needed to add value as needed to ensure that we are doing what is necessary for you to build for the life you've always dreamed of.
Get in Touch
If at any point you'd like to get in touch please feel welcome to use this use the "MediCab Consultation" button. This will open the exclusive calendar that'll allow you to schedule a time to meet at MediCab for a consultation.
Feel welcome to fill out the form below to submit a suggestion for monthly video topics or topics for our next seminar.